On a more common factor grounds, all three trailers are completed with Australian Made Canvas Dynaproof Tent, with a sleeping capacity of four or more on a 12cm Australian innerspring size queen bed. All three are also fitted with a table that converts into a bed. They are fitted with heavy duty hot dipped galvanized chassis, full off-road suspension, instant hot water system, portable toilet, Domestic 3-Burner gas, Canvas Safari Roof, Alloy Poles, huge storage compartments with sensor lights, dual battery systems, solar power and have a 160-litre water capacity with the mains water inlet connection.
Some of the differences are as follows:
- Only the Lachlan is fitted with a world-class Slide-out bed.
- The Darling does not have inside drawers and stereo system with speakers.
- The annex on a darling is smaller in length, whereas the Macquarie and Lachlan are larger
- Similarly, the Darling has smaller pantry drawer, while the others have signifyingly larger draws.
- The Darling has a smaller body height, where the Macquarie and Lachlan have a taller body height to create larger storage compartments and cater for larger items.
- The Darling and Macquarie each have two LED Strip Switch lights each; the Lachlan has three.
- The Darling weighs about 1400kgs, the Macquarie weighs about 1500kgs, and the Lachlan weighs about 1600kgs.
- The darling is rated to 1990kg GVM, the Macquarie and Lachlan to 2400kg GVM
- The Darling is fitted with a 12” Electric-Axletec braking system while the other two have 12” Electric-Dextor braking systems.
- You have the option of fixing a Solar Panel 160W/200W/250W with Anderson Plugs. This panel already comes attached to the Dawson and is upgradable for the Darling, Macqurie and Lachlan.
- The Darling has light switches, where the Macquarie and Lachlan have LED touch panel controls
- The darling has twin 5ltr p/m water pumps and silicon hoses, where the Macquarie and Lachlan has one seaflo 11ltr p/m water pump and john guest water hoses.
- The Macquarie and Lachlan have an enclosed front storage box for gas bottle’s and Gerry cans, where the Darling has an open storage facility for theirs items.
- The Macquarie and Lachlan have a top rail system for cargo or kayaks, where the Darling doesn’t
- The Macquarie and Lachlan have a snake track water and power delivery system in the kitchen, where the Darling doesn’t
- The Macquarie and Lachlan have a flip over bench on the back side of the kitchen, where the darling doesn’t get this attachment
- The Darling has a shelf in the front box for pole storage, where the Macquarie and Lachlan has a rear mounted pole storage box with a divider shelf.
- The Dawson, Lachlan and Macquarie come with a front Gas point.
Darling – Compact Forward Fold Camper Trailer